This year Scientia is using the Scholastica website for article submissions.
Submission Timeline for Scientia Journal 2019
Scientia is now accepting submissions for our 2019 Journal
- February 10th, 2019 - Deadline for Article Submission and Author Submission Agreement Form
- February 17th, 2019 - Editors Designate Submissions as Accepted, Rejected, or for Online Publication
- May 1, 2019 - Journal is Published and Distributed
- Author must be an undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Notre Dame.
- Papers must be submitted in Word format. They must be 7-10 pages long, double-spaced, Times New Roman size 12 point font.
- Maint text must contain an abstract (250 words), introduction, materials & methods, results, and discussion sections.
- Figures must have captions that include figure number, figure title, and brief description/key: ex. Figure 1. Title. Key and/or description.
- Figures must be referred to in the main text as: ex. (Fig. 1)
- Tables do not need captions but must be referred to in the main text as: ex. (Table 1)
- Send figures in a separate Word document from main manuscript.
- Include advisor/author approval form.
- Confirm that all figures and data have not been previously published, will not be published in a journal other than Scientia, and have been produced by the author(s).
- References must be included at the end of the paper in a “References” section. References should be numbered, and be referred to chronologically in the text.
- In-text Citation format: Single reference example: (1) Multiple reference example: (1,2)
- References citation format:
- Hendry, A. P., M. T. Kinnison, M. Heino, T. Day, T. B. Smith, G. Fitt, C. T. Bergstrom, J. Okeshott, P. S. Jorgensen, M. P. Zalucki, G. Gilchrist, S. Southerton, A. Sih, S. Strauss, R. F. Denison, S. P. Carroll. 2011. Evolutionary principles and their practical application. Evolutionary Applications 4:159-183.
- When submitting, denote which section your article should appear in: Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Physics, Math, or Health.
Author Submission Agreement Form
To obtain a copy of the Author Submission Agreement Form, please download the attached document. Alternatively, you may contact email@example.com.